Wednesday 6 June 2018

16th day prayers..

A prayer for our beloved...


  The 16th day since my Dolly left me..
As per Hindu tradition, we have to pay respect by doing a prayer and offering food for our deceased family member... It's a belief that the soul will rest in peace and reach god...

Many who don't have a pet might just feel its awkward or funny to do this stuff, but to the pet lovers, they could be able to understand... the bonding, the relationship, our pets were not just an animal but a family member.... Same goes with my Dolly.. 

She was our little sister..

Our baby..
    
Our best friend....
       
Our precious gem...

  Having with that, we decided to have a small prayer as a token of appreciation for all the love our beloved little sister, Dolly showered on us...

  I decorated her picture with lots of colourful fresh flowers and  my younger brother, Jagedísh arranged all the necessary items  accordingly on a table...

  We placed a few small photo frames with her picture in it taken with all of us... So cute and adorable my little princess was... So lovely wearing her dresses.. Pink, blue, black... Posing with a smile on her face..  

  We lit a lamp and spreaded a banana leaf to place the offerings... 

  My sister cooked  Dolly's favourite dishes..  Fish, eggs, mutton, rice, carrots, cauliflowers, her dog kibbles, dog treats and a cup of milk....

  Dolly loves fish and milk. Usually cats prefer this kind of food but surprisingly my Dolly prefers that too... She is quite a unique kind of dog.. 

  After offering all her favourite dishes, we started the prayer by breaking a coconut followed by lighting the lamp and then each of us placed a flower beside her picture...

  She is our god now... Our little angel is our god now... We put our hands together and prayed to her...

   I just said that i love her very much and i hope that her soul is resting in peace....
i prayed asking for forgiveness if ever i had neglected her...
I prayed that she will always guide us....
I prayed that i miss her and i wish she will come back to me...

  It was hard for me because the next day is my birthday.. I celebrated all my birthdays since i was at the age of 21 with her....
You can say i spent most of my youth life and i celebrated all my birthdays during my youth time with my Dolly and now at 29 years old, she left me forever....

  We wanted to celebrate her 10th birthday grandly... Another four months more...

  12 September 2009,  her birthday and we wanted to bake a cake, sew a nice dress and gift her favourite treats and soft toys but  sadly she didn't make it...

  Cancer took away our dear baby's life.. It was like so soon... An unforgettable day in my life...

16 May 2018 at around 1.30pm the doctor euthanised her and she left us...  She left us forever...

  So short time that we was not ready yet to let her go... Now we are just consoling ourselves at home that  atleast we were able to stop her pain and suffering....

  After her prayers we sat down and had a moment of silence... Thinking about our Dolly.. Sharing her pictures and watching her videos...

  I thought to myself, "instead of celebrating her birthday in another 4 months, we are now here mourning for her" .... 

  Her memories... That will never die... Not even after I'm gone because others will keep on remembering her...

  She had showered  so much love on us... So much that it's impossible to forget her.....

A true man's best friend...

I LOVE YOU MY DEAR DOLLY MA..
ALL OF US AT HOME MISSING YOU BADLY..

R. I. P

Dolly@chupi ma

Born on 12 sept 2009
Departed  on 16 may 2018
9years 8 months


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while.

   I haven't blogged for a long time. I guess for more than a year. I've been going through a critical phase in my life. I had some...